There are many ways to grow sales, from introducing new products, taking existing products to new markets or outpacing your competitors with existing products. Ian has experience in most aspects of business development.
When not working in sales, Ian has always developed close working relationships with his sales and marketing colleagues to ensure that the voice of the customer is strongly represented in research and product development plans.
Ian’s experience in business development is varied and includes:
- Leading significant sales growth to a European customer base through establishing strong supplier customer relations
- Reengineering a business to meet changing corporate and market needs
- Responsibility for the R&D strategy for Sharp in Europe, leading a multidisciplinary laboratory, developing and commercialising technology, setting technology roadmaps and prioritising investment in new product development
- Launching a new service based business in Japan and the related commercial agreements required
- Leading the International activities of a Japanese Industry Consortium in Europe and the USA
- Negotiating a Corporate investment in a start-up.
- International experience including Europe, USA and Japan.
Irrespective of what aspect of business development you are considering Ian can help your team create new product ideas, structure your research portfolio and technology roadmaps or perform market research studies to identify market requirements. All with the mindset that any new products need to be right for the market, priced appropriately, sold profitably and satisfy the expectations of the customer.